Default Few Inman Aligner Questions!!

Hey there

I know I'll need to make an appointment for a consultation but I'm wondering are any teeth ever removed before the inman aligners are put in place to allow for space? Its really only the front 4 upper & lower teeth I need straightened but I'm pushed for space I think!

Also, is there ever any cases of people's teeth not moving out of place if retainers are not worn?

Also, how uncomfortable are retainers to wear? The thoughts of wearing a retainer for the rest of my life is nearly leading me to my initial decision of having my front 4 teeth veneered.

& lastly!, how uncomfortable are permanent retainers & would you recommend them as opposed to night time removable retainers.

Sorry, alot of questions I know but would really help to know the answers!!!

Many thanks

Hi Lesley,

I've never removed teeth prior to fitting an Inman aligner. There are other ways such as arch expansion to create space.

Teeth will likely move if you do not wear your retainer. Long term stability is crucially dependant on your compliance. This is true for all types of brace work.

Retainers are very comfortable to wear. Veneers should never be used to straighten teeth instead of braces. You will run into very serious problems very fast.

I personally prefer removable retainers. Oftentimes the first sign of failure of a fixed retainer is teeth moving!

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Thank you Dr Khaira, that definately helps. I was having 2nd thoughts about the veneers anyway. Think I'll go down the inman aligner route.