Default Inman possible side affect?

I am interested in the Inman system. mainly because of the speed and cost. However, a friend of mine manages an orthodontic practice (but is not an orthodontist herself), told me that if teeth are moved too fast there is a danger that one or more could die. Is this correct? Could this be a possible side affect of this treatment?

My teeth would not need a large amount of movement but one my misaligned teeth is an eyetooth.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

As far as I'm aware there has been no reported such case with the Inman aligner. The reason being that the aligner only applies low, gently forces to the teeth. This type of problem is more common with high forces applied to teeth

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Official Dentist - Inman Aligner Forum Moderator

Pav is right.

So far there are no reported incidences of root damage or tooth nerve death.

Myself and 3 other early adopters have completed an audit with over 1250 cases using the system in 4 years and we have shown there were no incidences of root damage, nerve death or significant bone loss.

There are studies that show if any orthodontic force is removed from a tooth for 4 hours a day, it massively reduces the risk of root damage.

Obviously this isn't possible with fixed braces because they are stuck onto the teeth. but with Inman Aligners, they are only meant to be worn a maximum of 20 hours a day. As a result we have not seen any problems here or in the US where it has been used for 8 years.

Short term ortho fixed braces such as 6 month smiles and powerprox are also on the teeth for far less time than conventional braces to I would expect the risk to be less.
    Dr. Tif Qureshi.BDS

UK Pioneer of the Inman Aligner.

straight-talks.com

Straight-talks Seminars for an enlightened approach to Cosmetic Dentistry.