Default After Inman Aligner treatment

Hi,
    My daughter has a middle front tooth which has twisted and is starting to overlap on the other tooth. She also has slightly uneven bottom teeth but I don't think it looks too bad. However, I still would like her teeth to be straightened and I have been told she would not qualify for NHS braces as the teeth have to be very bad to qualify. As I would have to pay privately for normal train-track braces, would you know how much normal braces would cost? If the difference isn't drastic, I would prefer to go down the Inman route.

Also, once treatment has finished with the Inman Aligner (or the train-track braces), would she have to wear a retainer forever or is it just for a year or so? Would the retainer be worn just at bedtime?

I would appreciate any feedback on this.

Many thanks!

The Inman aligner does not produce all types of tooth movements therefore your daughter would need to be assessed for suitability.

Retention would be 24 hours per day for the first 3-6 months depending on type of tooth movement done and complexity of tooth movement and then she would need night time retention for life

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Default After Inman Aligner treatment

Thanks for your quick reply! Can you just clarify that the retention for life also applies if she had normal metal braces? Many thanks!

Yes that is correct. Permanent retention is important for any type of brace system

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Default Thanks Dr Khaira.

I appreciate you taking out time to answer my questions. Thanks very much.