Default Gaps from filing teeth

I have had my Inman Aligner for 9 weeks now to correct receding and overcrowded top teeth. My dentist filed in between my teeth to create some space. The teeth are gradually straightening and slowly moving forward, but I am concerned about quite a large gap now between my two front teeth. The dentist says this will correct itselt by the end of treatment, but I am concerned having read one of your postings saying that the Inman Aligner is not usually successful for correcting gaps. Can you give me any reassurance?

Official Dentist - Inman Aligner Forum Moderator

the inman aligner cannot treat large gaps where the teeth are upright and the teeth are very small, but if a small black triangle opens between the teeth, it is worth waiting because sometimes these can fill in.

If they dont, the teeth can be squashed together but you will need to see your dentist about it.
    Doing this is not difficult and can usually resolve the issue quickly.
    Dr. Tif Qureshi.BDS

UK Pioneer of the Inman Aligner.

straight-talks.com

Straight-talks Seminars for an enlightened approach to Cosmetic Dentistry.

Thanks for your reply. The gap was not there before I started the treatment with the Inman Aligner but was made by the stripping between the teeth that was done. Will there need to be an adjustment made to the aligner to squeeze the teeth back together?

Official Dentist - Inman Aligner Forum Moderator

linda
    quite possibly but sometimes the clear retainer used at the end of treatment can do this quite simply
    Dr. Tif Qureshi.BDS

UK Pioneer of the Inman Aligner.

straight-talks.com

Straight-talks Seminars for an enlightened approach to Cosmetic Dentistry.