Default Max and min costs for Inman Aligner

Please forgive me, I'm new to the forum and imagine this has been posted before, if so I appologise. Firstly, he doesn't know me, but I know the name Dr Pav Khaira Not too far from where I live.

I have a huge dilema on my hands. I have been asked to go for a tryout for a television show in the States which is a huge deal to me. I was picked after sending photos and a fairly poor quality video where my teeth couldn't really be seen. My teeth aren't exactly in ruins but I would definitely like to straight them, as quickly as possible as I'm due to fly to Florida in October. As you can imagine, image is a big thing and my mildy crooked teeth are the only things I think would get in the way concerning appearance. I have been to see two dentists about a brace but they told me it would take around 2 years, I haven't got that kind of time (plus I'm 21). Their quotations were very different, the first one was £300 for regular train tracks, the second quoted me £1000, but thats besides the point.

What has really interested me is the Inman Aligner. I'm not incredibly rich (or even rich in any sense of the word :P) but I am slowly saving money as this is the treatment I really want to go for. I know a dentist (most likely Pav) will need to look first and ensure I'm suitable, but is there any way anybody could give me some kind of minimum and maximum costs I could expect? I'm looking to have it on both jaws, however perhaps just one depending on the price, as only one of my top teeth are very very slightly crooked, they dont concern me.

I'm more than willing to take the best photos I can and send them to anyone who responds and go from there by coming for a proper consultation etc. I'm just not keen on going to a consultation into the unknown and being startled by what I'm quoted.

Like I say I can do pics, or if a general bottom and top price could be quoted, that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance

Costs seem to be approx £1250- 1800.

I am paying £1450 all in. (Included full check up, the inman and the retainer afterwards, and all appointments)

This is PER ARCH.

Official Dentist - Inman Aligner Forum Moderator

Hi Skater.

Prices range from £1100 per arch to £1750.
    Dr. Tif Qureshi.BDS

UK Pioneer of the Inman Aligner.

straight-talks.com

Straight-talks Seminars for an enlightened approach to Cosmetic Dentistry.

Thanks guys I appreciate it. It's costly, but whats the price of a warm smile? :P lol

No really, cheers.

Hi ,I just had my Inman 2 days ago and was told it would cost £850 for top and same for bottom .I live in Bournemouth and have a great dentist ,if you would like to know it feels then I can let you know .The Hygenist at the practice had one in and she had it in for 7 weeks and she had the same problem as me and her teeth look fantasic now ,just a little bit of fine tuning needed for her now .Hope this helps xx

Red face A few questions...

I don't currently have an NHS dentist. I lost mine when I moved away to university, as I didn't go for a few years so lost my place. I rang the number for the waiting list and put my details on there.

A couple of weeks ago, I had to visit my local emergency dentist surgery as I had really bad toochache. They cleaned and filled a tooth for me, and asked if I had an NHS dentist. I explained I was on the NHS waiting list, and they said they could offer me a place with them. I have to go in a couple of weeks for my first appointment, and then I will officially be registered with their surgery (NHS).

For a few years now, I've been looking into braces. Really its just one tooth I want straightned. It's next to one of my front teeth on the right side, its slightly rotated and so has pushed one of my front teeth slightly back. Its not really bad, but I am concious of it and won't smile with my teeth showing, so would like it fixed.

The Inman Aligner appeals to me, because of the price, time of treatment, and I have found a surgery quite near to me in Doncaster that uses this type of brace. I just have a few questions...

1) If I went to the private surgery (that uses the inman aligner) and signed up for treament there, would I lose my NHS place with the other surgery??

2) The general price of treatment for inman aligner on the practice website is £1100. This might not seem like a lot of money to some people, but to me it is. It does say on the website you can spread the cost of treatment, but I was hoping for more detail. What kind of offers do private surgeries normally offer? To pay it in 6 months?? A year??

3) Also, after finishing a course of treatment with the inman aligner, do you have to wear a retainer for the rest of your life after that to stop your teeth moving back?

Would also love to hear from anyone using or who has finished treatment with inman aligner and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by cocktails33; 01-16-2010 at 02:43 AM.

As long as you keep up your appointments with your NHS dentist you should keep your place with them. If you are accepted for finance you can make repayments (generally) anything up to 1 year interest free or 5 years if you are willing to pay a small interest rate.

The Inman aligner provides specific tooth movements, this means that your treating dentist would need to assess your suitability for the aligner. A retainer will be needed permanently to stop your teeth moving back to their original position, this is true for all braces systems

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

please note that the price for the inman aligner probably starts from £1100 and could go up to £2000 depending on the complexity of your case, make sure you get a full estimate before you start treatment and find out if the treatment includes retainers
    admin