Default 5mm Gap and Inman aligner?

I have a 5 mm gap and 50% overbite and I have a few crowns on my molars. That’s the only problem I have, no crooked teeth, no crowding ect.

I went to a dentist that said I could get a removable orthodontic appliance which to me looks like an inman aligner. Are these the same thing?

I want to also go for a consult with one of the certified inman orthos in my area.

I am a little concerned as I have a very large gap in the front and feel that maybe tilting movements would not be enough to close it and if it is will it leave gaps other places?

Any advice would be great.

Hi

Of course a full examination will allow you to answer these questions. If you feel uncertain about the treatment option you have received, then you have the option of getting a second opinion.

If you look at my blog, you will see an example of a case which we closed a large gap without creating spaces anywhere else.

http://www.dental-suite.co.uk/blog/

Unfortunately i can not say if spaces will be created in your case, if you close the gap, without looking at the mouth.
    Last edited by Dr Sepehrara; 03-07-2009 at 10:36 AM.
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Thank you for the reply
    I looked at your blog and my gap is much larger than that (about 40-50%) and I have small spaces in a few other teeth.
    The removable appliance would cost 1/5 the price of invisiline and ¼ the cost of traditional braces so that’s the way I would love to go, but I don’t want to spend money on something that may not give me the ideal results either.