Talking Inman Aligner and veneers

Can anyone tell me if you can have the inman aligner braces if you have a veneer. I have slightly crooked front teeth, caused by thumb sucker, as a child. One of my front teeth is a veneer, and needs replacing at some stage. I would really like straight teeth, and wonder if the inman braces could be used if there is a veneer present. thanks

Yes you can still have the Inman aligner if you have veneers.

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Hi,
    Dr Khaira you say here that its possible to have the inman aligner if you have veneers, I wonder if you could advise further?

I have veneers on my four front teeth which I'm happy with the size and shape, however, I have what i think is called an overjet? where my top teeth sit/tilt forward of my bottom ones and the front teeth are therefore a little more prominent than I'd like (probably a couple of mm) and it makes me feel a little goofy and self-conscious. Could you advise me if, in theory, the inman aligner could pull these front teeth back a little, leaving the veneers in line as they are now and not damaged/odd looking?

I know you cannot say for sure without consultation and looking at the mouth, but could you give a rough guide for price of this treatment with yourself?
    Just feel I would be a lot happier if my front teeth were less prominent, and this may shed some hope for me without having to re-do the veneers.

Thank you so much

Talking Inman Aligner and veneers

Hi,

I've got eight veneers on my top arch. I had braces when I was younger due to crowding. I was pleased with the result, but they moved. I had the veneers instead of going through any orthodontic treatment again. I'm delighted with the results overall, but there's very slight protrusion on two of the teeth.

I was wondering if an Inman Aligner would be suitable in my case. I realise I should probably have had had an Inman Aligner first, and then veneers! The positioning of one of my front teeth is somewhat twisted, and the veneer has been fabricated to give the appearance of the tooth being straight. I'm assuming that an Inman Aligner would be problematic as if the tooth moves and straightens, the veneer won't sit in the same position anymore?

Thanks in advance!

Official Dentist - Inman Aligner Forum Moderator

Hi there.

while it is difficult to give you a considered opinion without a consultation,
    it is possible to move teeth that have been veneered.

Protruded teeth respond well to Inman Aligners. Slight protrusions often only take 6-10 weeks to correct.

You won't necessarily need the veneer replaced.As the Inman aligner can just be made to retract the tooth and leave it twisted so that the veneer still looks correct.
    Remember that you will need a retainer after any orthodontic treatment.
    I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Dr. TifQureshi; 01-29-2009 at 09:40 PM.
    Dr. Tif Qureshi.BDS

UK Pioneer of the Inman Aligner.

straight-talks.com

Straight-talks Seminars for an enlightened approach to Cosmetic Dentistry.

Official Dentist - Inman Aligner Forum Moderator

Hi there,

Yes it is difficult to be sure without seeing you but
    if there is room to retract your teeth, the Inman Aligner can work well for you.
    as retractions are very predictable.
    Treatment cost is normally around £1500 and most cases complete between 6-16 weeks.
    As with most orthodontic treatments, you will need a retainer.
    Dr. Tif Qureshi.BDS

UK Pioneer of the Inman Aligner.

straight-talks.com

Straight-talks Seminars for an enlightened approach to Cosmetic Dentistry.