Exclamation Inman Aligner for gappy teeth with deep bite

My teeth were made gappy and slanted as a result of a removable brace worn for about 2-3yrs when I was a young teen. I am now 38 and would like this problem corrected ideally with the Inman aligner.

My front two teeth are sloped inwards quite a lot (v shaped) and the two either side are protruding and are 9mm from my lower teeth (gap) whereas the middle two have no gap at all.

Two teeth were removed either side of my incisors hence gaps there also.

Would an Inman aligner be able to correct all this or at least some of it?

I have a deep bite too re my lower teeth and have been told I would be unsuited to lingual braces because of this.

Any help you can provide is much appreciated.
    Last edited by Leah; 01-21-2009 at 12:04 AM.

Dear Leah,

It's difficult to say without a full consultation. From the photo you have provided I can tell you that I have used the Inman aligner for similar cases. Do remember there is always the option of Six Month Smiles

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have been told today by my dentist that if my teeth (which protrude 9mm) are directed backwards in such a short space of time ie 3/12 there is danger the roots will become unstable and in two yrs or so I will have 'wobbly teeth'.

I am also concerned that my bite is so deep it will bite into the appliance at the back. An orthodontist said I'd be unsuited to a lingual brace for this reason.

Do you have any thoughts re these two things?

Thanks

Leah

Hi Leah,

It's difficult to say more without a consultation. Retention is important after all types of bracework to ensure long term stability. Should you not have any retention, then yes your teeth will start to move again.

The aligner is fairly robust and as I mentioned I have used it many times in cases similar to yourself

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy