Talking Can Inman algner correct overlaps?

Hello Doctors

I was hoping for a little advice regarding whether the Inman Aligner is appropriate for realigning overlapping teeth, or simply rotated or crooked ones? With my basic knowledge of mechanics, I cant see how the opposing pressures will make more room in my jaw and squeeze the teeth back into alignment!
    I have arranged to visit two orthodontic clinics locally, both of whom supply Clearstep and traditional braces, but to access orthodontists who use Invisalign and Inman I would need to travel for a couple of hours. I am therefore keen not to waste my time if Inman isnt desgned for my problem!

I have overcrowding in my lower jaw due to wisdom teeth which have now been removed.
    My centre four teeth have over the years been pushed together and now slightly overlap with the first and third shifted forward and the second and fourth moved back. The overlaps are each less than 1mm. Unfortunately the teeth which have been pushed back into my mouth are staining and very hard to keep clean so I would like them corrected if I can.
    The rest of my lower teeth and all my uppers are perfectly fine.

What do you think my options may be?
    Many thanks for your time
    Su

There are a number of ways to create space for teeth including arch expansion and slenderising of teeth. These are both quite commonly used with the Inman aligner.

Both the Inman aligner and Invisalign work very well for certain tooth movements, and it would be impossible to tell you if you are suitabe without a full consultation.

Do remember that Six Month Smiles is also available

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Thanks for your swift response, I will arrange to see an Inman Aligner orthodontist to discuss it further.

I hadn't really considered six month smiles because I assumed they would have to be fitted to both upper and lower teeth - can they be fitted to lower only?

Thanks again
    Su