Default Inman Aligner providers in NY

Hey all,

So I checked out the providers listed on the inman aligner website. I noticed that while there are a decent amount of people offering the inman aligner in New York, none of them seem to be certified. I guess that means they did not take the certified course, but they must have some kind of training with this procedure? Is it a bad idea to get this done by someone uncertified?

Thanks for the help.

Being treated by someone who is certified offers peace of mind. One the training course we learn when the aligner can be used, when not, what potential problems can occur and how to prevent them.

It is of course your prerogative as to whether you see someone who is certified or not!

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

The Certification courses are currently only offered in the UK,
    we hope to bring the Certification courses to the US in 2009

Orthodontists or dentists with orthodontic training are competent in using the Inman Aligner even without taking the Certification course. I would ask the potential provider his / her experience with the Aligners and if you need a recommendation please email

It is very important to me that everyone understands we have thousands of skillful and competent Inman Aligner providers here in the US and Canada as well as other countries that are not Certified. Some of these providers have as many as 9 years experience treating patients with Inman Aligners

Regards,
    Don

Thanks to you both for the replies- it was very informative.

One thing I've noticed is that both the dentist and orthodontist I've gone to recently (both only offer invisalign, not inman aligner) seem to always give this puzzled look when I ask them about the inman aligner. I simply wanted to know their thoughts but instead they give a reply like "why would you want to do that?" Now I may not be a candidate for the inman, I understand that. but the orthodontist claimed invisalign was the fastest thing right now. Anyway, I've decided to just go for a consultation with an orthodontist that provides the inman aligner. Thanks again.