Question Certified Inman Aligner dentist in Shropshire

Hi - I have been reading alot around the Inman Aligner and am really keen to have a consultation to see if I'm suitable. My front two teeth are protuding out. However, the cosmetic dentist in my area of Shropshire, detailed on the Inman Aligner site is listed as not having certification. Is the fact that they are listed good enough or should I be looking further a field? Advice much appreciated. Thank you.

Default Certified Inman Aligner dentists

Dear Pep,

certified dentists are those that have completed the UK recognised training course for the Inman aligner. THis course ensures that every dentist has a certain level of knowledge and training about the Inman aligner and the dentist will also have access to the UKs leading Inman aligner dentists for advice and support. Generally dentists from the UK that are listed on inmanaligner.com are certified. Dr Tif qureshi is out advisor on the inman aligner and also the UK pioneer of this technique, I am sure he will add more about certification to this answer when he sees it

Admin

Official Dentist - Inman Aligner Forum Moderator

Dear Pep,

The certification programme is running to ensure that dentists who use the Inman Aligner understand the approaches needed for success. There may be many dentists using Aligners without certification who are perfectly capable of using the system, but as removable orthodontics is something that not a huge amount of general dentists do, it is important to have a training system in place so that everyone understands how and when to use the Aligner to a level that will ensure the treatment works.
    From looking at the use of the Aligner in other countries, it is clear that you cannot just put an Aligner in a patients mouth and expect it to work. Our proven success in the UK has been because of a systematic approach that I teach in the Certification programme.

Any dentist can be listed as a supplier, but only dentists who have been trained are certified.

My advise is that if the dentist is not certified, ask to see a selection of cases that they have actually done to make sure that they have enough experience with the system.
    Dr. Tif Qureshi.BDS

UK Pioneer of the Inman Aligner.

straight-talks.com

Straight-talks Seminars for an enlightened approach to Cosmetic Dentistry.