Default Inman Aligner to big to close my lips

Hey there,

I received my aligner, for my upper teeth, 5 days ago and have one difficulty with it. I wore a brace in my teens so was expecting the slurred words (don't mind at all) but I wasn't expecting how big it is. It's so big that i cannot close my upper lip properly over it, I liken it to a gum shield a boxer would wear! I commented to the dentist at the time on how big it was and he said 'yes, it is bulky' as if this was normal. Is that the case? It's so big I feel self-conscious about it and am not wearing it as much as I should because my upper lip sticks out so much.

Apart from this problem, I am delighted with it. I can already feel my teeth beginning to shift and I can tell that it will fix my dental problems with the speed it promised.

I would appreciate your advice on this.
    Many thanks,
    Needia.

Needia this can be normal. The bulkiness tends to reduce very quickly as your teeth align. Do remember that the aligner will work much faster than other forms of braces, so if it is an inconvenience it shouldn't be for too long!

I had a lady who was having similar problems but was thrilled when we finished treatment in 7 weeks

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy