Default Inman Aligner for midline tooth gap London

Photo-0103.jpgHi All,

I am a 27 year old male seeking advice on whether the Inman aligner is suitable for me.

I previously had orthodontic work carried out when I was 14 but my front 4 teeth have drifted from their positions. My primary concern is the gap that has developed in my 2 front teeth. One has twisted slightly along with the tooth beside it (apologies for the lack of knowledge of the correct dental names for the teeth!).

I have seen a orthodontist and she stated that invisalign would take 18 months. This seems very long when I have such simple goals. Also they would cost £4,000. The price and time frame are prohibitive for something I could definately live with! But I do want to sort my front teeth out so I have a couple of questions that I would really appreciate your help with;

1) Do you think I could possibly be a candidate for the Inman Aligner based on the attached photo? I appreciate that you cannot give a complete assessment without meeting me.

2) Following treatment with the aligner (be it 4 - 16 weeks), does the patient need to wear a retainer after? Do you ever recommend a fixed retainer (behind the teeth) after treatment? I would be afraid of my teeth drifting back to their current position as they have done before.

3) I am based in London (I work in W1) , are any of the doctors here that are London based?

4) I apologise for being cynical and I mean this in the most polite possible way but the Inman Aligner just seems too good to be true! How does it produce results in such a short period of time at such a low cost?! Why isnt everyone using them! The orthodontist that I went to had never heard of Inman!

Thank you very much for your help,

Tom.

Photo-0103.jpg

Official Dentist - Inman Aligner Forum Moderator

Dear Tom,

Thank you for your enquiry and welcome to the Cosmetic Dentistry Guide.

To answer your questions in sequence.
    1) It is very difficult to assess if you are suitable from a photograph like this. With midline gaps an Inman Aligner will only work if your front teeth lean forward and need pulling back into line. It can correct twisted teeth very easily. Obviously the only way to tell would be to visit a certified Inman Aligner dentist.
    2)After pretty much ALL orthodontics, you should have a retainer of some form. This can be removable or fixed if room allows.
    3)Have a look at the inmanaligner.com website. There is a list of certified dentists in the UK. There are a few in London. or look at the straight-talks.com website.
    4)It works so well because it is massively efficient. It is arguably the most efficient orthodontic product in the world. It doesn't push harder, its actually quite gentle. More and more dentists are using it, but technique is the key for success.

I hope this helps
    Dr. Tif Qureshi.BDS

UK Pioneer of the Inman Aligner.

straight-talks.com

Straight-talks Seminars for an enlightened approach to Cosmetic Dentistry.

Thank you very much doctor. I appreciate your answers.

I do think that my teeth have the potenial to be pulled back slightly. One of my front teeth is slightly protruded and twisted which is causing the gap.

I will look into booking an appointment with an Inman doctor.