Default suitability for inman aligner treatment protruding front tooth

Hi,

I have one protruding front tooth which is only half real - I knocked half the tooth out when I was a child and the dentist moulded some kind of paste in his hand to the shape of my tooth and, as far as I remember, basically stuck it on! I can feel the join at the back of the tooth but not at the front.

With this in mind, I was wondering if the inman aligner would be able to straighten it for me?

Many thanks.

Hi

Very difficult to say without looking the amount of protrusion, but it is possible. Inman alligner works great for a number of cases where there is minimal crowding in the anterior region.

Regards

Raha
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that without a consultation it is hard to say for sure, but am I right in concluding from your reply, that the fact that the tooth is not all real will not affect it's suitability for the inman aligner?

Hi

Again difficult to say, but if enough tooth substance is there , then it is possible.

Regards
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Question Need feedback pls

Hi
    Im going to have a consultation soon to see if I can be fitted with Inman Aligner & i was told that I could be suitable.. If I am I just wanted feedback from others who have had this Inman Aligner & have finished the treatment & the results??
    My 4 teeth on top & bottom are crooked...
    Also I was told I can get a permanent splint behind the teeth afterwards... Is this to make sure they dont move afterwards?? I know id get a retainer for night but I wanted to know how long do I wear that for after the alinger is off??
    Im just concerned as I dont want to pay out so much money Im just afraid the teeth could move again & it would be a waste!!!

Please help??

cant really help much, but if you have a good dentist that you trust - then am sure if he says your teeth will straighten with the inman aligner, then they will. I had my inman aligner fitted last week. My dentist discussed everything with me, and showed me made up impressions from the lab of what my teeth would look like after 16 weeks with the appliance in. With regards to the retainer afterwards, my dentist said i can use the inman aligner on a short term basis over night, for retainer purposes, then will just need a retainer made to use on a night only. The aligner is a good brace for quick results, and not particularly that uncomfortable - but it does alter your speech - so be warned. Some words i cant even pronounce, and talk with a terrible lisp - getting used to it, but thats the only downside to it - especially when u have a job where u communicate a lot.
    Anyway good luck - trust your dentist, and hope you get on ok with the aligner if u decided to go ahead
    Last edited by gillyb; 04-08-2009 at 03:06 PM. Reason: typo error