Default Relapse after Inman Aligner treatment

Tif, I need your help again. Just finished the inman treatment last week. Dentist fitted a wire retainer saying I was not suitable for plastic essix type due to having two molers missing on top arch. The original problem was my two front top teeth - one veering backwards, the other very prominent and slightly higher up in the gum. Anyway I was very pleased last week with the finished product but lately I notice the former prominent one has moved slightly again. I'm wondering should I start wearing the inman brace again at night. It's so disappointing. Can you give me some advice please. Also there's a slight gap between the two front teeth - will that close eventually?

Official Dentist - Inman Aligner Forum Moderator

Hello

yes I would replace the Inman aligner and go back to your dentist.

it is not impossible that you may need a clear over the wire just to stabilise - there is no reason why you cannot have a clear essix retainer. it simply does not need to go as far as the missing teeth.

Do not worry - at this stage the teeth are a little unstable and it is very easy to correct things.

tif
    Dr. Tif Qureshi.BDS

UK Pioneer of the Inman Aligner.

straight-talks.com

Straight-talks Seminars for an enlightened approach to Cosmetic Dentistry.

Default Unsightly Gap

Thank you for replying Tif. I really appreciate your help as I'm a four hour drive from my dentist and it's not easy to visit very often. Yes I will make an appointment soon to ensure that everything is ok. There is a gap between my two front teeth which looks unsightly, quite dirty actually. while several people have complemented my new smile, they have also remarked on this unattractive gap. Will it close over time? Also I have started wearing the I.M. aligner brace at night but without pushing the spring back as I'm afraid this will make the gap bigger or push the teeth in the wrong direction. Could you clarify this for me please Tif.
    Thank you again
    eager One

Official Dentist - Inman Aligner Forum Moderator

hello
    Sorry for the delayed response

Did you see your dentist??
    Dr. Tif Qureshi.BDS

UK Pioneer of the Inman Aligner.

straight-talks.com

Straight-talks Seminars for an enlightened approach to Cosmetic Dentistry.

Default Amazing I.A.

yes Tif, I actually went to my own local dentist and he removed the black spot which was actually in the enamel of the tooth due to the former overlap. He then filled in the space left by drilling when removing the black spot. All is well now anyway. I just hope the wire retainer will be sufficient to keep my teeth aligned. I worry sometimes that they will return to their former position. Thanks for all your help. The inman aligner is truely amazing. I'm delighted with the results and have told everyone about it. Now perhaps, it,s time to reveal that I'm a sixty year old woman who has raised a large family, educated all of them and looked after their teeth - several of them have worn braces. Now it's my time and thanks to the I.A.I didn't have to wait too long to achieve a lifetime ambition. It's never too late. I believe.