Default First day of wearing inman aligner and it feels bulky

Hi, I had my aligner fitted yesterday and l have to be honest - l hate the way it looks, it's really bulky looking like a thick gum shield. I think l was expecting the clear bar to be thinner. Although initially thought it would be more discreet as you can't see the wire the acrylic bar sticks out and it is very noticable. It does feel quite comfortable and l managed to sleep well. I'm not sure l could wear it to work as the speech is quite bad at the moment, so aiming for 16 hours. Has anyone had a similar experience?

it is bulkier than Invisalign or clear tray systems but the advantages are that it is a very fast treatment if worn for the correct amount of time. Regarding your speech, you should actually get used to it over time and your speech whilst wearing the Inman Aligner should improve
    admin

Hi

Yeah, I was the same, felt it was really big. I wear it as much as a I can in work but the meetings and calls etc to make, sometimes I struggle to make the recommended hours. I think this is why the process is taking so long for me. I have had mine since Sept and tooth still not straight, starting to get a bit fed up of it. We have to stick at it!!!

Remember if you dont wear it for the recommended time then the treatment will take longer. It can be quite bulky but many patients do cope well with it. Keep us posted with your progress and stick with it eventually you will have a straight smile.
    admin