Default Will the Inman Aligner work for someone who has already had 4 teeth extracted?

Hi.

I am 21 and had fixed orthodontic braces between the ages of 14 and 16, for which I needed my 4 molars extracted. My problem was that my top front teeth were protruding out a bit, which was giving me a lisp and made me look a bit like a rabbit. After having the braces removed, I had perfect straight teeth. I received compliments from people I met about my beautiful teeth and my lisp was gone completely.

But over the past couple of years I have noticed my teeth gradually returning to their pre-orthodontic positions. This is because I stopped wearing the retainers I was given; I didn't know they were meant to be worn for more than a year. (My orthodontist forgot to contact me and I presumed I was stuck with my new great teeth forever)

The problem I have now is not as bad as my pre-orthodontic state but it is almost. My top front teeth are protruding out a bit so that if I smile in my usual way, instead of my front teeth being behind my bottom lip they are actually sitting partly on top of it. My top incisors are not aligned with my other teeth anymore; they are in front. This caused a drop in confidence in my smile which I used to be proud of

This is why I want the Inman Aligner; I have heard that it targets the exact problem I have with the anterior teeth. I have recently had a consultation with both a 'normal' orthodontist and with a cosmetic orthodontist. The cosmetic orthodontist recommended the Inman Aligner, but his manner made him not seem very professional and his attitude appeared a bit like a salesman to be honest so I am still seeking information about it from reliable sources.

1. Will it work in straightening my teeth again? And
    2. Will it work despite me already having had teeth extracted?

I dont think that the teeth extractions that you have had will pose a problem to the success or otherwise of the Inman Aligner. The inman aligner is an ideal solution for correcting anterior teeth issues but it would be difficult to answer on here if it would be the correct solution for you. If you feel that the dentist / cosmetic orthodontist was a little unprofessional I would consider trying to book a consultation with another local practice that provides Inman Aligner treatments. A lot of cosmetic dentists / orthodontists do offer free Inman Aligner consultations.

Good luck and please do come back and let us know how you get on
    admin