Default Inman Aligner for 11.5 year daughter

My daughter will be 12 in November and she has already got all her adult teeth. She has always had lovely straight teeth but for the past year or two, one of her top front tooth has started to twist and is no longer straight. Do you think the Inman Aligner would be suitable for her as the tooth isn't too bad. Is she old enough for this treatment? If so, once treated, will the tooth start to twist again? She is a mature and sensible girl and would be compliant with any treatment. What is the difference with the Inman and the invisalign? How do they compare in relation to cost? I would appreciate any info. Many thanks!

It is unlikely she will have enough teeth present for Invisalign or the Inman aligner at the moment.

Without a full consultation it's difficult to say more. The main home page for cosmetic dentistry should highlight the difference between the Inman aligner and Invisalign

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    Last edited by Dr Pav Khaira; 07-11-2008 at 06:31 AM.
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Official Dentist - Inman Aligner Forum Moderator

its pretty unlikely an inman aligner will be suitable.

Firstly root formation should be complete and secondly, if there are still teeth coming through it will be a problem as the aligner uses the other back teeth to grip onto.

14 is the recommended start point.

Default Retainer questiion

Thanks for the quick replies. Just another question. I have heard about retainers but I'm unclear about them. Basically, does everyone have to wear a retainer after wearing braces and how long do you have to wear a retainer? Is it something that has to be always worn after teeth straightening?
    Last edited by Nippy65; 07-13-2008 at 09:12 PM.

Retainers need to be worn permanently or the teeth will start to move again. There are a number of different retainers available depending on what type of tooth movement was done

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Default Retainer

Thank you Dr Khaira for your useful feedbacks. It's much appreciated.