Default Inman aligner and arch expansion of upper teeth

Hi, I have been given a plan for my teeth:

Firstly wear a retainer to expand my right upper arch, secondly wear an IA on my lower teeth, and lastly wear an IA on my upper teeth.

I just have a few questions:

1) How long approximately do you think the retainer should take to do its job?
    2) How long approximately do you think the lower IA should take?
    3) How long approximately do you think the upper IA should take?
    4) Will the IA work on me as I have read it doesn't move the canines, and they are my main problem.
    5) How much approximately do you think this whole process would cost me (retainer + lower IA + upper IA)?

I don't mind estimates and approximates, I just want a general idea.

Thank you in advance :-)

I've attached 7 pictures: 4 in this post, and 3 in the post after.

The time it will take to expand your upper arch will vary from individuals but from your photos im guessing no longer than 10 weeks, your dentist will have a better idea on time scales though. The lower inman aligner treatment also looks like a 8-10 week case but once again your dentist will know better. once the upper expansion is done its probably going to be another 10 weeks or so give or take. I think that the inman should be fine for you but an experienced Inman Aligner practitioner should be able to give you advice specifically relating to your canines. The cost of your treatment being a complex case would be difficult to estimate but it should be around the £3000 ball park.

I hope this helps but if you book a consultation with a local Inman Aligner dentist they will give you more of a clear answer to your questions.

Do keep us posted with your progress in this thread
    admin