Default Will wisdom teeth affect Inman Aligner treatment

Hi all,

I'm seriously considering getting an IA and am after a bit of advice on a few things. I'm going to see my dentist in a few weeks to discuss further but want some honest, unbiased input too if possible!

I had quite extensive orthodontic work done in my teens (orthodontist said I had the worst case of overcrowding he had ever seen - seriously, my teeth were horrendous!) so I truly value my smile. However, now I'm a bit older I can see my top row of teeth are starting to inch back towards their original horrid positions - nowhere near as bad, but I'm just so worried all my hard work will one day be undone. I should maybe note that none of my wisdom teeth have come through yet - I have always been told by dentists/orthodontists that xrays show I probably don't have any, but recently I've had some tenderness in the top right of my mouth and think I can feel something poking through ... so that makes me even more concerned as I hear horror stories about troublesome wisdom teeth pushing gnashers out of place.

SO - a few questions. 1. Does it matter that my wisdom teeth are as yet nowhere to be seen/could still come through and play havoc - perhaps AFTER I've had the IA work done?

2. What happens AFTER the IA treatment is complete? What I guess I mean is how sustainable is the treatment? I've heard about getting wire on the back of your teeth to hold them in place - I presume this is extra cost too? How much?

3. Is it possible to spread the cost out in smaller payments? I know the IA is a cheaper option than other treatments but it's still a sizeable payment in one go. Would this be at the discretion of your dentist?

I think that's it... really I'm just after some honest advice about if the IA is right for someone who wants to preserve a smile that hasn't come naturally. My dentist said it was better to try and treat a relapsing case early than wait until my teeth get more complex again - should I go for it?! Will it be worth the money??

Many thanks for reading! I look forward to hearing back from some of you.

1. Your wisdom teeth should not affect the inman aligner treatment especially if they have not come through

2. After inman aligner treatment the wire placed on the back is a retainer this stops your teeth moving back after treatment, the cost is usually about £150

3. Some clinics offer low interest or interest free finance to spread the costs of the Inman Aligner over several months

hope this helps and let us know how you get on