Default Impressions on the Inman Aligner top and bottom teeth by Kata

Hello everyone who is reading this! I just had my first ever top and bottom aligners fitted in and although I was told that it would be very painful- I don't feel a thing (or not much anyway apart from a tight curious feeling).Also my dentist thought that I was mad for wanting to have the upper and bottom aligner on at the same time! I am supposed to have these for 12 weeks and will try to keep an update on here on how my treatment is going.

Hopefully once my teeth are straightened I will have them bleached and have a killer smile

Wish me luck

Official Dentist - Inman Aligner Forum Moderator

Good luck

its rare to find a patient that is willing to wear both at the same time- so well done!!!

tif
    Dr. Tif Qureshi.BDS

UK Pioneer of the Inman Aligner.

straight-talks.com

Straight-talks Seminars for an enlightened approach to Cosmetic Dentistry.

OK it has been 4 and a half days since I had my aligners fitted. At first it was not painful at all, however when night time came I felt a bit uncomfortable but did not have problems falling asleep. Nevertheless I started waking every few hours as I kept thinking that I had something chewy stuck in my teeth and I kept on trying to push it out with my tongue, of course I kept waking up realizing that I am trying to push out the aligners lol. Tuesday morning the first thing I did was to dissolve two co-codamols in some water . Then came brushing my teeth- I first felt a relieve when I took out the aligners but then the pain hit me ( I use an automatic tooth brush) the power of the brush felt unbearable against my sensitive teeth and even my eyes watered. It didn't get any better when I tried to put the aligners back on and felt as if the pain will never end.

That day I hardly ate as I was so scared of having to brush my teeth and then adjust the aligners back on. The second night was better and although I slept with my mouth open (I woke up seeking water as if I had been in the dry dessert for weeks) I felt a little bit better in the morning (enough to realize why I was willing to go through this pain) I felt determined to continue even though my dentist suggested that I should try wearing one aligner at a time.

Wednesday and Thursday I spent just taking as many painkillers as permitted and trying to improve my ridiculously funny speech ( my partner compared me to Alice the Goon from Popeye lol ). This morning I finally woke up feeling as normal as possible considering the foreign body that had taken over my mouth for the last few days I am planing on stopping the pain killers tomorrow and just concentrate on my speech.

Yes I have heard that it's rare for patients to have both aligners at the same time but the way I look at it, its better to go through this pain for 12 weeks rather then half of this pain but for 24 weeks!

I hope that my story is helping someone and if so I'm happy that I can feel useful at a time when speech is not getting me very far with people.

I will keep you updated in the following days of any progress or problems I may experience!

Thanks for the support.

Kata
    Last edited by Kata; 02-11-2011 at 07:06 PM.

Official Dentist - Inman Aligner Forum Moderator

sounds very normal Kata and yes it will get better as you progress.
    Dr. Tif Qureshi.BDS

UK Pioneer of the Inman Aligner.

straight-talks.com

Straight-talks Seminars for an enlightened approach to Cosmetic Dentistry.

Morning!

Today it has been 2 weeks since I had my IA inserted. I no longer feel any pain or discomfort and I now remove my aligners comfortable and only with the push of my tongue ( I can now call myself a professional AI wearer lol).

Unfortunately my speech isn't much better and although there is some improvement it feels that it will not get much better then this. I am quite disappointed but I have now accepted my speech for what it is. It is after all a tiny sacrifice in the name of straight teeth.

I do have a question- I have been told that my estimated time of wear is set at 12 weeks but after 2 weeks of wear I don't see any improvement whats or ever and it seems almost unbelievable that the mess in my mouth will look perfect after only 10 weeks. What is the procedure in regards to that?I must admit that if I am told that I will need to wear the IA for another 12 weeks it will make me feel that the point of the IA (fast improvement on minor overlapping of the teeth)has been lost in my case. What do I do and realistically what effect and when can I expect?

Apart from this I have no new information to disclose so I will be back with some news in the following days.

Thanks for reading and for any help and opinions in advance!

Kata

Hello Kata,

movement can be slow but in a few weeks you will start noticing a large improvement also has your dentist asked you to pop in for adjustments to do what is called IPR (interproximal reduction). If required this will create the space needed for you teeth to continue moving during the procedure. Its important that you maintain regular communication with your dentist at all times and be sure to express your concerns that you have. Keep us updated with your progress here however.
    admin

Hello,

Yes we have set a date in 2 weeks time (1 month after having fitted the Aligner). I believe I had some IPR when my Dentist fitted the aligner (this is when they file your enamel down to create space I believe ). My dentist asked me to tell her if I stop feeling pressure (as this may mean that there is no movement happening) and I believe I still feel pressure although at times I think I confuse pressure with pain and therefore worry that there is nothing happening as I no longer feel pain.

I will update further soon.

Kata

Hello Kata

how is the progress with the treatment have you completed the treatment and are you happy with the results of the Inman Aligner
    admin