Default lost my Inman Aligner expander

This is for you Tif, I've just completed 11 weeks with an expander. I've had an impression for the inman aligner and am awaiting the arrival of the inman brace in three weeks. the dentist said I can continue to wear the expander without turning it for the three weeks. however I've just lost the expander and I'm worried that the progress made will be undone in the three weeks wait for the inman. do I need to worry or is the job of the expander complete now anyway? my dentist said I was ready, space achieved.

Official Dentist - Inman Aligner Forum Moderator

Hello

Thanks for posting.
    its absolutely vital you go back to your dentist asap.
    They will either make you a new expander or a clear retainer just to hold things in position.
    Expanded teeth will have a tendency to relapse quickly so don't hang around!!

tif
    Dr. Tif Qureshi.BDS

UK Pioneer of the Inman Aligner.

straight-talks.com

Straight-talks Seminars for an enlightened approach to Cosmetic Dentistry.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply, Tif. I have been so worried. I rang my dentist yesterday and yes he will make a retainer for me tomorrow. Hopefully everything will be ok as I have been a dedicated patient, wearing the expander constantly (apart from eating) despite the embarassing fact that I am a teacher and spend my day speaking to people. Thanks again for your help. I just hope this mishap will not add too much to the overall expense.

Just to keep you all posted on the follow up to my lost expander. Tif very wisely advised me to ring my dentist for a quick appointment which I got for the next day. The dentist made a retainer for me to wear until the I.A. arrives in three weeks time. He also said he would ring the manufacturers of the I.A. to see if they could hurry up the procedure as it is an emergency. He didn't seem to think that the retainer would be 100% successful. What do you think Tif? By the way it cost e200 for the retainer but the dentist gave it to me for e120. not too bad, I suppose.

Official Dentist - Inman Aligner Forum Moderator

hello

I think the retainer will be fine as long as it fits and your wear it full time.

tif
    Dr. Tif Qureshi.BDS

UK Pioneer of the Inman Aligner.

straight-talks.com

Straight-talks Seminars for an enlightened approach to Cosmetic Dentistry.