Default Worried about tooth movement with Inman Aligner Blackpool

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but am relieved I've found it, and hope one of your professionals can offer me some reassurance or advice.

I've been using the Inman Aligner for the past 4 months and am happy with the movement of some of my teeth. However, one of my top front teeth is causing me huge problems. It was slightly rotated and crossed over the other - which the dentist assured me would be corrected by the Inman Aligner.

As time has gone on, the tooth has been pushed further and further in the WRONG direction, so that it now protrudes quite a way past the other front tooth. I have photographic evidence of this. I have questioned the dentist about this at the last 4 reviews (even booking an extra appointment as I was so worried). Each time he has assured me that things are going in the right direction, and that the tooth has to be pushed forward before it can rotate and move back. Each time he has said it hasn't got room to move back - and has then proceeded to file a bigger and bigger gap between the rotated tooth and the one next to it. The gap is obvious but the tooth has not moved back into it. When I wear the Inman Aligner I can feel it pushing the tooth in the wrong direction, and when I remove the IA that tooth (along with two others) is now quite loose, which I find very worrying.

The dentist said that the Inman Aligner is specifically made for me so can't go wrong. I'm now beginning to wonder whether this is strictly true. The treatment has cost me a lot of money, and at the moment, I'm feeling that it is not only money wasted, but I'm worrying that I'm going to have to get further treatment in order to sort out this front tooth.

Any advice would be extremely welcome.

Official Dentist - Inman Aligner Forum Moderator

Hi there

I have sent you a pm
    Dr. Tif Qureshi.BDS

UK Pioneer of the Inman Aligner.

straight-talks.com

Straight-talks Seminars for an enlightened approach to Cosmetic Dentistry.

Many thanks, Dr Tif, for your advice and support. You really reassured me, after looking at my photos. I have been to my dentist today, and he has adjusted the IA exactly as you suggested. Hopefully, my teeth will be straight within the next three - four weeks, as predicted. Thanks again.
    Jill