Default Orthodontist says Inman Aligner wont work

Help please. I am 44 years of age and overtime my two front teeth are starting to protrude slightly. I spoke to my dentist about the options and he recommended I have an Inman Aligner fitted. Before I do so, I have to pay three visits to the dental hygienist (£60.00) per visit then he will consider fitting it.
    A day after I had this advice, I took my son to an orthodontist. I spoke to him about it and he was appalled that my dentist was recommending this treatment. He said that the aligner was only a short term solution and in time my teeth would go back to how they are now. He also showed me pictures of teeth that have gone rotten after having the brace permanenty fixed. He also said that I should seek a second opinion from an orthodontist who are more qualified to give advice???? What do I do?

There are thousands and thousands of people over the world who have been treated with the Inman aligner successfully. When it is used properly it is safe to use and gives a stable result. You will need to wear a retainer for life which is true about any brace system.

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Thanks. Which retainer would you recommend and are there any 'downsides' to having this done?

Hi Justine, I am older than you are and have had an upper aligner now for 5 weeks. Cannot recommend highly enough, have noticed movement already in my front teeth, which I wouldnt have believed in someone my age in such a short period of time.