Question Sit on or above composite?

Hi there,

I just got my Inman Aligner today and have a question already. I tried to ask my dentist but he's gone for the next few days and I don't want my treatment to get off to a bad start! The dentist put composite on and behind my front tooth. I can't remember if he told me to make sure the bow rests on the composite or if the bow should sit above it?

Please help!

Thanks a million

L

i think this is one for Tif our resident Inman expert but im not sure if it will be easy to advise without seeing a picture i would go with ...which ever position the aligner feels more secure in ...but i am guessing. Alternatively why not call the practice and speak to the nurse that was working with that dentist she would certainly know.
    admin

Official Dentist - Inman Aligner Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lmcd83 View Post
    Hi there,

I just got my Inman Aligner today and have a question already. I tried to ask my dentist but he's gone for the next few days and I don't want my treatment to get off to a bad start! The dentist put composite on and behind my front tooth. I can't remember if he told me to make sure the bow rests on the composite or if the bow should sit above it?

Please help!

Thanks a million

L
    Hello.

If the composite was placed behind the tooth, it is normally towards the biting edge.
    In this case the bow should sit under the anchor (towards the gum line)

Post back if its not clear

tif
    Dr. Tif Qureshi.BDS

UK Pioneer of the Inman Aligner.

straight-talks.com

Straight-talks Seminars for an enlightened approach to Cosmetic Dentistry.