Default Sensitive teeth and gums

I am 46 yrs old and have very sensitive teeth. I have to avoid the cold water and air as much as possible when I have a filling or repair. I also have to have a scale by hand- i.e. dentist does not use mechanical aid for this proceedure.
    My top line of teeth could do with straightening a little ( 1 veneer to date), and the bottom layer- need straightening too.
    My teeth are quite yellow, I do not smoke, I do not take too much coffee or red wine, and would like to make improvements on the shade of my teeth. Do you think this possible - especially due to the fact I have VEERY sensitive teeth. Could I have a general anasthetic ? You may think this is drastic- but I am also a coward, as I hate the pain- due to sensitivity.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Dougal.

It will not be possible to have general anaesthetic for such procedures. The fact that you have such severe sensitivity does concern me. This could be a problem due to a number of reasons and needs a detailed examination to ascertain the source of the problem so it can be dealt with accordingly.

Sensitivity can be caused by decay, gum disease, gum recession and certain grinding problems also

Once dealt with, you should have very little if any sensitivity

Hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Default dougal

Thank you Dr Pav Khaira for taking the time to address my problem of sensitivity, however I do go for regular dental check ups, and my dentist is aware of my sensitivity. I have to say he is a very good dentist- infact he actually states "Pain free" dentistry - which for me is very good. I don't have anything unusual going on- except he tells me it is recession. I use sensodyne regular, and brush my teeth once in the morning and once in the evening. I have tried brushing more, but my gums become sore if I do this too regular.
    Having said all of this- being that I have such sensitivity, do you think I could go ahead with cosmetic surgery - i.e. the Ole hollywood smile- as is described?
    Thanks again.

I would have this discussion with your dentist. If they have no concerns I can't see any reason why not!
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Talking dougal

Thank you for that. My dentist is a little old fashioned and I feel he frowns on anything like this - unless it is for restorative reasons. Guess I had better put the coward away and go ahead and ask him.

Do the veneers protect the teeth from decay ?

Best regards, and thanks again.

Dougal

No they don't your home care and after care needs to be exceptional. WHen done well, veneers wil stregnthen your teeth, when done poorly they will weaken them significantly
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com