Default molar with a brown mark in the middle cavity

I've had two fillings in the past few years, but i've never been able to find anything brown or "wrong" with those teeth. In fact when i am told i need a filling, i immediately go home and inspect every tooth trying to figure out what was seen, and i've never been able to. It confuses me because i've had a very small brown mark in the centre of one of my lower molars for a few years now, and my dentist has never suggested filling that tooth.

Is there a reason why a molar with a brown mark in the centre wouldn’t be filled? She can’t have missed it in so many checkups (8+), so i presume she must have a reason for not filling it. The brown mark has never grown larger and i have no pain.

Thanks!
    Last edited by User8219; 10-04-2008 at 12:40 AM.

Hi

I wouldnt worry about it. It is more likely to be fissure staining. If your dentist has checked it clinically and with xrays(if indicated) then I am sure you have nothing to worry about .

Regards

Raha
    Last edited by Dr Sepehrara; 10-04-2008 at 11:47 AM.
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

I believe she had a good scratch of it once, and then just moved on. I've never had any xrays at my NHS dentist, but I’ve recently started with Invisalign at a different dentist, so i've had xrays there. Would they check for cavities on those? My invisalign dentist didn't really spend much time inspecting at my teeth other than to note the crowding problem, but i did have an NHS check up only a couple of months prior.

Thank you for the reply Dr Sepehrara, you've helped put my mind at ease.

I would also recommend you ask these questions to your dentist if you are still concerned.

Regards

Raha
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009