Default Canine removed foul taste in mouth

Hello everybody!

I've recently had an upper canine removed from the left side of my mouth as it was a baby tooth (despite being 24) and the adult had not come through (still stuck in my gums). I had both removed but the hole that was left now appears to be periodically leaking a brown, foul tasting liquid. It's been 8 days since I had it removed, with one of the stiches coming out a couple of days ago and i'm starting to get concerned that it's either not healing properly and / or getting septic.
    Can anyone shine any light on this for me? What is the brown liquid? Is it normal for it to take this long to heal? Should I try and get an appointment as quick as possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, anything to get this taste out of my mouth.

Thank you,
    Steven

I would recommend you go back to your dentist. It sounds like you may have a soft tissue infection which is a recognised complication of extractions, and although uncomfortable nothing to be overly worried about. This is of course only guidance as I have not done a diagnostic consultation
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

I think it is important that you re visit the dentist that took out the
    tooth so that this can be fully assessed. You should not worry but this
    should be investigated as after 8 days the socket should not be leaking
    any fluid.
    Dr David Bloom BDS