Default fixed brace bands

hi all
    am due to have a fixed brace on my bottom teeth on tuseday the 27th oct
    thing is i havent had spacers put in and am wondering if my ortho is just gonna put the bands straight on
    have had an expander on my teeth for 3 months that has mad enough space for the brace to now move my teeth
    just think that the bands if they havent enough room will irritate my gums n teeth
    anyone else had this as i know spacers are used regularly now
    thanks

It very much depends on the dentist. Separators are being used less frequently now. I've not used any for over 18 months with no problems or discomfort

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

thanks for that
    also seen that some orthos dont even use molar bands now they use what seems to be a modified bracket
    wolud it be better to leave the fixed brace in place for longer to make sure the teeth dont move back as i had a problem with the expander and it had to be taken out for two weeks for repair and while it was out my teeth moved back to their original place so was gonna ask if he could leave it on for longer
    thanks

every ortho will have his / her preference but i guess its important you know your options the internet is so great that patients can learn online, we would be grateful if you kept an online diary / log of your treatments / appointments and thoughts on this forum to help others
    admin

ok will do
    well to start at the moment have had a removable expander on bottom teeth to make some room for the overlapping fronts to be moved
    on tuesday 27th this month having fixed metal brace put on but i wasnt expecting this treatment though and was to ld that he could do the moving and finishing with this expander(has been made with springs on it)
    but he recons that a fixed band will be better as he put it text book and better results
    i dont really mind but there you go want straight teeth gotta pay the price
    will get some pics when i figure it out