Default consequences of not cleaning around your braces

Hello, had braces two years ago and got them removed. This left with almost every tooth of mine being stained permanently. I was informed by my dentist that it was as a consequence of not thoroughly cleaning my teeth especially around the braces during the time.

I went to get rid of them as it is impossible to brush them off. These stains contribute towards rotting of my teeth especially in between spaces leading to a filling on each check-up and facing those horrible painful injections. I also want my teeth to be perfectly aligned and my two gaps on my upper jaw (two teeth removed prior to obtaining my braces). Would cosmetic surgery solve all the above problems? otherwise is there another more suitable option?

Many thanks.

Hi

Difficult to answer your question without carrying a full consultation.

If you have staining because of discoloured fillings and/or decay, etc, then a possibility might be having white fillings or porcelain veneers.

If you have small gaps , then a consideration may be braces(but i know you hate braces) or invisalign.

If the gaps are large, because of missing teeth for example, then tooth replacement by a denture, bridge or implant maybe an option

I hope this helps

Raha
    Last edited by Dr Sepehrara; 08-02-2008 at 09:12 AM.
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Smile reply

Hi Dr,

The stains were caused by not leaning my teeth thoroughly especially around the braces (there are special brushes for cleaning your teeth specifically fitted with braces of which i was not made aware of by my orthodontist at the time). This left me with stains on my outer teeth around where the braces were fixed. These are very permanent and impossible to brush off.

Also before having my braces the ortho wanted two teeth on my upper jaw to be removed to ease off the crowding and alighn my teeth perfectly. But since I got the braces removed, I still have these gaps of missing teeth. I am willing to use Invasilgn but only after every tooth of mine is stain free.

Is there a cosmetic dentistry located in London..as most of the searches i've made are outside London?

Many thanks.

hi

please go to featured dentists on the home page, and you will be able to find one there.

Regards

Raha
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009