Default Invisilingn Or Brace ?

I had 3 consultations to have my teeth straighten; I have a very mild under bite and my teeth doesn’t close fully at the front plus I also have a couple of crocked teeth at the front ;-(.
    But I am very confused on which one is best for me. I spent so far over £500 on consultation and Xray , one orthodontist suggested I have Invisilgn but I will need to take the front bottom teeth out the price would be £ 4500 the other orthodontist told me I can’t have a teeth taken out at the front because invisilign wont close the cap properly his price for invisign is £ 4950 and finally the last orthodontist told me not to got with invisilign at all and go for braces his price is £4750 for clear brace at the top and train track at the bottom.

I just don’t know what to think anymore. Does anyone know what is best and is it true invisilign don’t close gaps fully and the last question is £4750 for brace expensive??

Thank you soo much for your help

Regards

Eve

Invisalign cannot close very large gaps. This is not too much of a problem where it is not so cosmetically important but is the case at the front of your mouth.

If you have seen orthodontists they will all be capable of undertaking treatment for you.

The cost seems about right for a moderate Invisalign case which it sounds like you are describing. Do remember that you cannot put a cost on the confidence to smile, whether you go ahead with treatment is something you will have to decide

Hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Default Invisilign Or Brace

Thank you very much for your advise.

But can you tell me which one work the best Invisilign Or Brace ?

Many thanks

Regards
    Evelyne

Hi

both forms of treatment are excellent. There are pros and cons for both types of braces.

Traditional fixed braces are generally a great form of treatment and especially when complex movements are necessary and when closing large gaps following extractions.

Invisible braces can only carry out mild to moderate movements, i.e. small rotations, extrusions etc. and can only close small gaps.

Therefore, braces are an excellent form of treatment especially if the tooth movement are very complex.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards,

Raha
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009