Angry misaligned teeth

Hi, can u help, my daughter has had fixed braces for 2 years now and at end of treatment she has ended up with a tom cruise smile ! with her teeth not matching the centre line of her face. After a forceful discussion with her orthodonist she agreed to keep the braces on but use bands to pull teeth around, she also said if this doesn't work a further tooth will hav to be removed & the process started again is there anything else that can be done my 15yr old is desperate!!!

Without a full consultation it's difficult to say, but it sounds like braces would be the only option. You could consider lingual braces such as Incognito where everything is hidden.

As long as the midline is perpendicular, studies have shown it won't be noticed unless very severe. If it's slanted then it will have a more significant impact

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Smile

Thanks for you reply, my daughter is keen to have her braces removed as they are unsightly so will look at invisible options.

It might be worth looking into invisalign teen its important that she wears the aligners for the min amount of time each day (about 20 hours) but they are less visible than fixed and can be quite pricey
    admin

yep agree with the above posts, the only other option is surgical, and that has a lot of issues as well
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)