Thread: Query

Default Query

Hi

I recently wrote on this forum with regards getting braces and was advised that fixed braces would probably be my best option. I know I will have to pay privately for braces as I am over 18 and therefore not intitled to NHS help. However, I am currently an NHS charge exempt patient at my general dentist. My question is, should the orthodontist require me to have any general dental treatment carried out, then will I have to pay my dentist to do this treatment privately or will this be covered by the NHS?

Thanks in advance.

covered by the NHS unless it is elective or cosmetic would be my guess
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)

Thanks once again for your reply

I have another query regarding ceramic braces, do they stain easily?

doesn't seem to be a problem
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)

Brilliant! I was just concerned that they would turn a yellowish colour due to certain food types staining them, but glad to read that this does not happen as I prefer the white type compared to the standard metal braces.

shouldn't be a problem if you are careful and brush and clean your teeth well