Red face avoiding a denture

Hi, I am very stressed right now I have a top bridge of 4 that has come loose my dentist of 25 yrs tells me the underlying teeth will not take another bridge and the adjoining front tooth which is loose and is veneered has moved forward at an angle, the bridge is surely going to come off soon and as the adjoining tooth is loose I am advised to have a top denture, although I am in my 50s I cant bear the idea. I have a partial denture on the bottom and feel I could cope with that, but he says as my few remaining top teeth are so loose that it would make sense to have the top done in one go, even though the teeth are loose I would prefer to try and do it in 2 stages is this mad. I went for a consultation about implants but was told I was not an ideal candidate as I am diabetic. even if I work up the courage and have the top done, it would need to match my bottom ones which are badly discoloured and I am told they would not stand up to being veneered. Has anyone had a similar treatment, how did it go?

I have now had another consultation and we have decided to do a partial denture to replace the bridge and when that is complete to then deal with the front tooth, my question is how long will it take to get used to an upper partial, i gag easily and am worried about that, and will i have to tell someone if i am planning to kiss them, what are other peoples experiences?? if you have any words of encouragement it would help! wish me luck!!
    Last edited by Giorgia; 08-04-2009 at 09:46 PM.