Default £1000 partial denture!

Yesterday I had my 4 front teeth removed and a basic acrylic partial fitted. the cost was ££840 for the partial plus £370 the extractions and £122 for sedation which put the total over £1300! , does that denture price seem high to you?
    I had to have the 4 teeth extracted as my dentist advised me 2 years ago to have 4 front crowns fitted for cosmetic reasons with 2 or 3 root canals which later became infected, and an endodontist told me 2 weeks ago that I would not realistically be able to save them!

Default partial denture

I went to a cosmetic dentist in Chester for an implant. Told him I was going on holiday to South Africa and he said he would do he extraction of the tooth and give me a denture and the healing could take place. I was in the chair from 3.30 in the afternoon till 5.30 whilst he was pulling at the tooth. He kept topping me up with cocaine and eventually got the tooth out. Gave me the partial denture and a prescription for antibiotics should I need them. Went on holiday and took the antibiotics and was in terrible pain. Got an abcess and when I came home went back and he told me off for not coming back sooner.! Flushed the extraction with water and a piece of bone came out. He then said the implant would cost considerably more because I would need a bone graft. I told him the denture didn't fit and he told me to buy some Poligrip. The denture didn't touch the roof of my mouth so I knew it was a bad fit.Left the surgery feeling I had been mislead. The denture broke the week later. He charged £250 for that and £200 for the extraction. I then went to a denturist who made a denture and charged me £25 and told me I had been ripped off. That was 5 years ago. Denture still okay. I am now scared of cosmetic dentistry because I don't know who to trust.

Denturism is illegal as the technicians have no formal training into the impression techniques used to make dentures, nor the important oral cancer screening.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experiences. Sometimes it's worthwhile speaking with a dentist and seeing who you feel comfortable with

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy