Default Partial dentures

Hi i had a bridge on left bottom five tooth it broke off also a crown on opposite side broke off i had to wait so long for appointment i had to have them removed so then i was given a partial denture nhs five teeth on one side and one on the other with a metal bar behind my natural teeth but no metal clips they are pink cut out clasps well it hurt me from the minute i got them but he said it would take time well i have given them time i cannot wear them and it has made me so depressed as i cannot chew made another appointment and had to wait 4 months i know i should have gone elsewhere but i have been with him for 25years and i was so scared of dentist in the begining that i have just stayed.
    Well the question is he suggested me having a new one but private he mention acrylic what i want to know is will it be the same as the one i have or should i just try another dentist and get a new nhs one made as i have a very low income, and i just dont want to waste 500 pounds or so, also someone suggested valplast would be better for me will that work being all five of my teeth are missing on left side please could you advise me thank you

Hi

The quality of the denture also depends on the quality of the technician constructing them. Therfore if you are having a private denture, make sure it is a good quality lab that is constructing them.

I always show the design of the denture to the patient prior to constructing, to allow input from the patient.

I am not a great supporter of valaplast dentures, but can be very beneficial in certain circumstances. Of course other preferred options are cobalt chrome dentures, but of course each case is individual
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009