Default Implants or plate?

Looking for some guidance on this one. My dentist has given two choices to replace 3 top teeth. I can have a plate, or have implants. He said that a plate would have a negative effect on my other teeth over time, but the implants wouldn't. Putting the obvious difference in cost to one side, which option is best, and why?
    Many thanks in advance. Regadrs, PF

it is not easy to answer without seeing you. usually implants would be the best option but not always, if you do not anticipate losing any further teeth and do not have any missing teeth then one of the main vans of a plate is negated.

Nick Fahey
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)

here is no doubt that an implant solution is the better option. Apart
    from the obvious benefit that the implant solution is fixed and so not
    removable, the implants will also help maintain the bone in the region
    they are placed. Over time if this bone is not loaded via implants it
    will be slowly but progressively resorbed away. Also a denture will
    place unfavorable forces on your other teeth and make it harder for you
    to keep everything clean .

Regards

David Bloom
    Past President BACD
    Accredited member BACD
    Dr David Bloom BDS

Here's a third vote for implants!
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Default can you get implants on N.HS

i am 46 year old women with no teeth at all i hae denture but can not get used to them. i cannot work as i have ill health and disability. so could not afford them. so can u tell me if i can get thm on n.h.s. or any help towards payment for them . i am ery depressed due to haing no teeth and its is haing a great effect on my life . please can u let me no if there is any help i can get. thanks ellen

Quote Originally Posted by enash View Post
    i am 46 year old women with no teeth at all i hae denture but can not get used to them. i cannot work as i have ill health and disability. so could not afford them. so can u tell me if i can get thm on n.h.s. or any help towards payment for them . i am ery depressed due to haing no teeth and its is haing a great effect on my life . please can u let me no if there is any help i can get. thanks ellen
    Try and get a referral to a teaching hospital, at least they may be able to make you a new set of teeth that hopefully you will get on better with.
    Good luck
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)