Default Eating disorder has ruined my smile I need implants

Hi everyone, I'm new here - just registered a few mins ago.

I just wanted to come somewhere to share my experiences of things and talk with other people that are having trouble with their teeth. I feel like I am forever visiting my dentist all because I had an eating disorder for 18 years of my life and its basically ruined my teeth because of it. I am now 100% recovered but this part of my life is always going to be with me because my teeth are a constant reminder of the damage I have done.

Wtihout going into too much detail I don't have many of my own teeth actually left. I've had problem after problem which has been put right on the NHS under a maternity exemption - thank goodness. lol

Anyway here is my dilemma. One of my front teeth is now on a dental plate as I kept breaking the post that was holding the tooth on. My dentist has tried two type of posts both have failed. I am now left with a denture because the surrounding teeth are just not good enough and strong enough to hold a bridge on them.

Well to say I hate this denture with a passion is an understatement, so I am therefore looking into having one dental implant. I have been shopping around and oh my God how the prices differ. From £1200 for one tooth to a massive £3800. The cheapest place I have been quoted for is called Evo Dental in Liverpool - anyone ever heard of these. Because they are so cheap has me wondering if they are OK or not - or should I opt for the more expensive and be safe.

Please help, Or if you know of anywhere that does good implants at a cheap price then please let me know. I'm in the Lancashire area so Livperpool, Manchester etc are OK for me to travel.

Sorry for the essay - but I'm desperate here.

Thanks in advance.

Hey hope you find a solution soon, cheapest is not always the best go for somebody with lots of experience and somebody that has lots of before and after photos to show you. Make sure you are being quoted for the implant, abutment and the crown. The cost of crown alone can vary so much in quality and price as well as abutments. Some implant systems cost the dentist more and some dentists charge more for their time due to higher overheads or being more experienced and qualified.

Unfortunately we do not offer recommendations on this forum but we will soon be launching a "review" section to the website which I hope will help people like yourself.

Good luck
    admin

Hi just to reiterate what Admin has said.
    Prices vary from different clinics for many reasons, I think it is easy for someone to go on the web and say this clinic is charging this and that clinic is charging that. But we are not talking about going to the car yard and buying a car where the price should be the same for that particular car the length of the country, it is more like flying to America either economy, premier economy, business or first class. The way you are treated is going to be different, its just whether you want to pay the extra money to be treated differently.
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)

Smile

So sorry to hear about ur past eatin disorder but so pleased u hav now recovered. I hav problems with my teeth also which has resulted in me now havin extensive dental work being done including new crowns, crown lengthening & a partial denture all of which feels daunting as my dentist says treatment will take 6-9 mths to complete. The dentist i found is located v near me in glasgow & the reason i picked her was because i trust her which is more important to me than cost however as her surgery is on the city outskirts luckily her overheads are low & as a result so are her prices; so u could look at practices out with your city centre but shop around for someone u r comfortable with. Good luck!