Default had implants, glands swollen

Hi there,

I tend to have quite sensitive glands anyway, but I had 4 implants to support six front teeth of my top set at the front.

I didn't have much bone there so some grafting was done, and I am now quite swollen and puffy.

I've been on antibiotics and while there is no sign of infection, my glands towards the back of my jaw are swollen and sore.

My dentist said the top teeth drain to the back, which my doctor agreed with, though my doctor said that doesn't mean its unrelated, and is most likely an inflammatory response to all the trauma / swelling in that area.

Does this sound possible? It would release a lot of anxiety if that is the case, and the glands will go down as the inflammation does.

I have a factor vii deficiency so I can't take ibruprofen to help with the swelling...

Cheers for your time, and response.

Hi there,

Based upon what you've said, its almost entirely impossible to give you any idea of whats going on without examining you. I would go back and see your doctor/dentist if you are still concerned.
    DR NILESH R. PARMAR BDS (Lond) MSc (UCL) MSc (GKT)
    Masters in Dental Prosthetics
    Masters in Dental Implants
    http://WWW.DRNILESHPARMAR.COM

Implant Surgeon/General Dentist- Parmar Dental
    www.parmardental.co.uk
    Associate Dentist- London Bridge Dental Practice
    www.lbdp.co.uk
    Implant Surgeon/Prosthodontist- SparklySmiles
    www.sparklysmiles.co.uk

Accredited Gold Member British Dental Bleaching Society

WINNER BEST YOUNG DENTIST IN THE EAST OF ENGLAND PRIVATE DENTISTRY AWARDS 2009