Default Implants instead of clip on denture

Hello im new here. Basicly im 19 i didn't look after my teeth well enough and im left with a clip on denture which i hate. Even after getting the denture i still don't look after my teeth but the reason for that is i cannot stand the feeling of a tooth brush on my teeth it makes me feel sick. At the moment i have around 6 or 7 teeth missing 5 at the top(front teeth) and a few at both sides at the bottom of my mouth. I have a strong fear of dentists thats why i haven't been back to see one and the way my teeth are its destroying my life i have no confidence left and i know Implants is the only way im ever gonna be happy with my teeth. I just want to know if its definately the right choice to make. To be honest the implant procedure makes me vomit but i really need my confidence back. I just need a dentist that will give me implants and make my dream come true(having a nice white smile).

Hi

Implants are a great option to replace missing teeth. It is difficult to say whether you are an ideal candidate without seeing you and without assessing your mouth.

For implants to be successful in the long term, you need to look after them really well, ie by brushing the implants and your natural teeth twice daily, flossing daily etc. Furthermore, it is essential to regularly go for professional cleans with the hygienist/dentist once the implants have been placed.

I would definately recommend you looked for an experienced implantologist who has experience in treating anxious patients.

Best of Luck

Raha
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009