Default Extraction and implant

Hi everyone,

After two apicectomies on the same crowned/dead tooth, my infection is back and I'm told the tooth should be extracted.

My questions are :

1) Since the infection is around the tooth and not inside it, why extracting the tooth would solve the infection problem ?

2) How a crowned tooth extraction is done and is it painful ?

3) I saw implant prices like £2,000 and even more! Will I have to pay all of this if my only cover is the white NHS benefit card ?

Thanks,
    Zibizibi

Hello, in response to your questions:
    1. The cause of the infection is the tooth, removing it will allow your body to clean up any remaining infection.
    2. Its usually done under local anaesthetic. You'll get a few small injections around the tooth, once you're numb you wont feel anything.
    3. NHS benefits card will not cover you for implant treatment. You could get a partial denture on the health service but no implants. The costs are usually in the region of £2-2500 for a dental implant in a simple case.

Best of luck
    DR NILESH R. PARMAR BDS (Lond) MSc (UCL) MSc (GKT)
    Masters in Dental Prosthetics
    Masters in Dental Implants
    http://WWW.DRNILESHPARMAR.COM

Implant Surgeon/General Dentist- Parmar Dental
    www.parmardental.co.uk
    Associate Dentist- London Bridge Dental Practice
    www.lbdp.co.uk
    Implant Surgeon/Prosthodontist- SparklySmiles
    www.sparklysmiles.co.uk

Accredited Gold Member British Dental Bleaching Society

WINNER BEST YOUNG DENTIST IN THE EAST OF ENGLAND PRIVATE DENTISTRY AWARDS 2009

Red face hi

hi like most people on here looking for some advise on my next step with my teeth..this is the story..lost front tooth when i was a teenager, had a poorly made bridge fitted this lasted for about 6 years till i took a boot in the mouth playing footy. had another tooth worn down and new ( poorly) fitted bridge put in. i now have another one and in all i now have 5 missing teeth under the bridge..i really hate the look of it and its never felt right in my mouth it was a nhs job so i no itwas never gonna be the best. implants sound good put at about 2500 per tooth i could notaffored to spend 12500 putting it right .. what other opitions would be availble to me. many thanks to anybody who takes the time to read and reply to this

The problem with going abroad is that aftercare if things go wrong could end up costing you more, this is not to say that treatment abroad is not high quality but its important to know all the pros and cons before considering having implant treatment aborad
    admin

I probably see someone every other month who has had work done abroad which has gone wrong. As I always say, quality work abroad is available, it costs about the same as it does here. Many times the patients have to return back to the country they had the work done, or pay to have it redone in it's entirity

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy