Default Not enough bone?

I started my implant work some weeks ago having two teeth removed and hopefully was going to have the implants placed. However I was told I didnt have sufficient bone for one of the implants to be done so the other one was not placed and I have to go back for a review meeting in two weeks time but not sure what my options are going to be. I really cant live with a denture albeit quite a small one for very long, any suggestions.

There are ways to bulk up the bone to give enough support for an implant. These may include either simple grafting at the time of placement or a block graft can be done, this normally needs several weeks or months to fuse to the underlying bone before an implant can be placed

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

It may just be a question of allowing sufficient time for the bone to heal and fill in the area where the teeth were. If not they are numerous ways to place implants in areas of poor bone quality, or lacking of bone volume. Grafting either with some of your own bone taken from another site or using artificial bone.

Nilesh
    DR NILESH R. PARMAR BDS (Lond) MSc (UCL) MSc (GKT)
    Masters in Dental Prosthetics
    Masters in Dental Implants
    http://WWW.DRNILESHPARMAR.COM

Implant Surgeon/General Dentist- Parmar Dental
    www.parmardental.co.uk
    Associate Dentist- London Bridge Dental Practice
    www.lbdp.co.uk
    Implant Surgeon/Prosthodontist- SparklySmiles
    www.sparklysmiles.co.uk

Accredited Gold Member British Dental Bleaching Society

WINNER BEST YOUNG DENTIST IN THE EAST OF ENGLAND PRIVATE DENTISTRY AWARDS 2009