Hello,

I am going to loose the upper left molar (disease/extraction) thats in front of my wisdom tooth. But the problem is that the molar in front of that again was a post-crown that fell out months ago. When the post-
crown fell out an X-Ray was taken and I was told that it would require endodontic treatment to replace.
I currently don't have the money for this. The upshot of all this is that

My local dentist is planning a denture followed with a bridge but I would prefer implants. This is something I really want to get right because I think it is important

Would it be possible to allow the denture/bridge to go ahead and then when it is convenient replace this
with implants?

Also the way it was said to me I was unconvinced of how honest the dentist was being about replacing the denture with a bridge - I'm thinking it wouldn't matter much to them if they left me with the denture.

I'm still young and I want some unbiased and truthful opinion not someone that is going to offer me
an easy and cheap solution that suits them regardless of what I want.

So my questions are:

1. Why would a (nhs) dentist take the trouble to manufacture a denture tell me that I would wear it for about 6 months (their words) then tell me that after 6 months it could be thrown away and the bridge could go in? Isn't that making twice the work/expense?

2. When my molar gets extracted wont the gum heal and close over? would this mean a future implant is impossible?

3. Likewise wont wearing a denture/bridge for some time also mean that a future implant is impossible?

Thanks for any advice.
jps