Thread: Implant costs

Default Implant costs

Like most posters on here I have some questions regarding costs on implant.

I visited a local dentist who is very good however the cost he has quoted me for 2 implants & a 3 unit bridge is far more than I expected to pay. I have already paid out for my xrays, impressions which I think I have had four impressions as I have to have a temporary denture fitted and crown replaced and have also had a 3d scan so far £700 I have to go back in two weeks for my new crown fitted and then back again in two weeks to have two teeth extracted and implants fitted and a temporary denture put in. My question is I have now found a clinic that can do my implant work £2k less than what my current dentist is quoting. Am I im my right to ask for my impressions and x rays etc. to take with me which will again reduce the cost. I like my dentist but as I am going to pay out in excess of £6k a saving of over £2 is quite a big chunk. Or would you suggest staying with my current dentist having my new crown fitted, my two extractions and the temporary denture fitted before going to the new clinic.

Any help would be gratefully received. All the above has given me many sleepless nights and is making me so depressed as I dont like upsetting people.

Thanks again.

Dear Soton,

Your question is a common one, I think its good that you have done your homework and been around to numerous dentists to see who offers you what and for how much! It may be worth while speaking to the dentist whom you like, and ask why there is a disparity of two thousand pounds. The price disparity may be there for a reason! For example your dentist may have extra qualifications, ( a masters degree in implantology is the highest recognised clinica implantl qualification in this country) they may have x+ years of experience, OR they may be using one of the mainstream "tried and tested" implant brands. Remember that there are currently over 100 makes of dental implant, each with its own screwdrivers, procedures etc. There are alot of Korean and chinese implant systems on the market now, some which are 5 times cheaper than the leading makes! Although I cannot comment on their efficacy or manufacture, imagine if the company goes bust and in 10 years time you need some work done to your implant, would a different dentist have or be able to obtain the necessary bits for the implants bonded to your bone?

With regards to your moulds and radiographs, if you were my patient I would not have a problem giving them to you if you had decided to have the treatment carried out elswhere.

Regards
    DR NILESH R. PARMAR BDS (Lond) MSc (UCL) MSc (GKT)
    Masters in Dental Prosthetics
    Masters in Dental Implants
    http://WWW.DRNILESHPARMAR.COM

Implant Surgeon/General Dentist- Parmar Dental
    www.parmardental.co.uk
    Associate Dentist- London Bridge Dental Practice
    www.lbdp.co.uk
    Implant Surgeon/Prosthodontist- SparklySmiles
    www.sparklysmiles.co.uk

Accredited Gold Member British Dental Bleaching Society

WINNER BEST YOUNG DENTIST IN THE EAST OF ENGLAND PRIVATE DENTISTRY AWARDS 2009

Thank you Nilesh for your response it has made me feel a lot better, I will do a bit more research before I start the implant treatment.

Hi, My name is Mary and I need some help. I live in England for 10years now and I would like to get my teeth done in London. Probably I need bonegrafting, implants, crowns....could anyone tell me the average rate of implants, crowns, etc in London? I don't really want to go to foreign clinics (i mean Hungarian, Polish, etc) I would like to go to real english clinic.
    Thank you in advance!

Pleasure Sotonlady, best of luck!

Olanita: Prices for dental implants are in the region of £2-2500 for simple cases, per tooth + crown. You may want to find a practice that will offer you a free cosmetic consultation and you can get a rough idea of price. If you like what you hear, then go back for a full examination with x-rays and get a written quotation.
    DR NILESH R. PARMAR BDS (Lond) MSc (UCL) MSc (GKT)
    Masters in Dental Prosthetics
    Masters in Dental Implants
    http://WWW.DRNILESHPARMAR.COM

Implant Surgeon/General Dentist- Parmar Dental
    www.parmardental.co.uk
    Associate Dentist- London Bridge Dental Practice
    www.lbdp.co.uk
    Implant Surgeon/Prosthodontist- SparklySmiles
    www.sparklysmiles.co.uk

Accredited Gold Member British Dental Bleaching Society

WINNER BEST YOUNG DENTIST IN THE EAST OF ENGLAND PRIVATE DENTISTRY AWARDS 2009