Thread: implant date

Default implant date

Hi...i have a denture where my front right hand tooth was, after having it removed in 96.
    I have a date on 9th feb to have an implant on NHS. But i 1st have to undergo a bone graft, then go back 3 months later for the post to be implanted.
    They are giving me no new denture to wear when i leave the hospital, i know it will be too sore for a week anyway. I have been told i have to go to my dentist to have a new denture made for me to wear until i get the post implanted then the tooth part attached later. How long will i have to wait for a new denture..i will not dare to leave the house with a huge gap and no tooth. I am so upset i am thinking of cancelling the whole thing.

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by debbyftm View Post
    I am so upset i am thinking of cancelling the whole thing.
    You are lucky to get this treatment on the NHS, so you would be mad to cancel it IMO. Ask them (politely) to adjust your denture, there should be no need to have a new one.
    Last edited by prosman; 02-08-2010 at 11:07 PM. Reason: add
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)

Thankyou. Well i worried about nothing really. I had the bone graft back in february, and have the date for the implant on 23rd June!
    I will be having my denture adjusted after this part of the procedure too.
    I forgot to ask the dentist before i left...she said i would have to go back 3 months after the implant, to have something added on to it, then back in a month after to have it completed! I am also having some white bonding added to close a large gap and make 2 other teeth look straighter.
    what is it that they will be adding onto the implant before my final visit?
    Last edited by debbyftm; 04-26-2010 at 01:57 PM.