Question problems in removing teeth

Dear doctor,

my dentist recomended me to remove two teeth from my upper jaw in order to gain space to push my teeth back with braces. my problem is, i already lack 4 teeth in my mouth ,as they have been removed 11 years back due to crowded teeth.(2 from upper jaw and 2 from lower jaw)...& after that i had lovely straight teeth but recently the upper teeth have come forward. so my doctor says i should remove two of my molars from the upper jaw and push the front teeth back. i have all my 5 molars including the wisdom teeth but already lack the canines in the uper jaw.(coz 11 years back the canines were removed coz they came from above the jaw as i said earlier)

so if i remove two molars now, i will be left with 26 teeth in the mouth.so my problems are,
    is it ok to have 26 teeth? i mean can a human survive with 26 teeth?
    and is it a good option to remove 2 molars?
    is it ok to have different number of teeth in two jaws? because if i remove two molars , my upper jaw will only have 12 teeth left and the lower jaw will remain the same with 14 teeth.
    will it affect the structure of my mouth and face, once i remove the molars?
    will my cheecks go inside if i remove them? because lot of people say that once teeth have been removed, it courses the cheecks to go in and then the face will look older. so is this true?
    im now 24 years old.

please answer my problems and help me to take a better decision about removing teeth.

thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by dreams View Post
    Dear doctor,

my dentist recomended me to remove two teeth from my upper jaw in order to gain space to push my teeth back with braces. my problem is, i already lack 4 teeth in my mouth ,as they have been removed 11 years back due to crowded teeth.(2 from upper jaw and 2 from lower jaw)...& after that i had lovely straight teeth but recently the upper teeth have come forward. so my doctor says i should remove two of my molars from the upper jaw and push the front teeth back. i have all my 5 molars including the wisdom teeth but already lack the canines in the uper jaw.(coz 11 years back the canines were removed coz they came from above the jaw as i said earlier)

so if i remove two molars now, i will be left with 26 teeth in the mouth.so my problems are,
    is it ok to have 26 teeth? i mean can a human survive with 26 teeth?
    Yes, people can survive happily with no teeth
    ]and is it a good option to remove 2 molars
    It depends, I would suggest you get yourself a second opinion if you are in any way concerned
    is it ok to have different number of teeth in two jaws? because if i remove two molars , my upper jaw will only have 12 teeth left and the lower jaw will remain the same with 14 teeth.
    will it affect the structure of my mouth and face, once i remove the molars?
    will my cheecks go inside if i remove them? because lot of people say that once teeth have been removed, it courses the cheecks to go in and then the face will look older. so is this true?
    im now 24 years old.
    No, that is all an old wives tale.
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)