Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default broken bridge- what next

Hi- im looking for some advice please.
    Im 46 and have had a dental bridge for about 20 years-I didnt develop any adult teeth in some places in my upper jaw and after years of messing around with part-dentrues etc my dentist bridged the gap- the front incisor is crowned, then there is a two-tooth gap- another crowned tooth follwed by two more gaps before the final anchoring crown on the last molar before my wisdom tooth! a HUGE bridge yes!
    my problem is- the crown on the last molar has broken!(off the bridge itself)
    but my trouble doesnt end there- the bridge has givin me problems for some time- following an accident 3 years ago where i fell into a wall and bashed my head! the centre securing tooth on the bridge is now broken itself! leaving me with prior to yesterday just the front incisor and the molar securing the bridge!
    Im guessing that a replacement bridge of this size just wont be viable now that the centre tooth is broken?
    what are my options and how expensive is this likely to be?
    many thanks
    twosox
    x
    ps- apologies if ive posted in wrong section- couldnt see a *bridge* section and this seemed the nearest!

You really need a full consultation!

It may still be possible to place a new bridge depending on the quality of the teeth underneath. An alternative would be a bridge supported on implants.

I place very extensive bridges on a regular basis, quite often clients have the same concerns as yourself. I have seen numerous clients who have not been able to find someone who is comfortable placing extensive bridges. With regards to the cost, it very much depends on what needs to be done and whether we are replacing the bridge onto the existing teeth or going for implants.

It is important that such extensive bridges are made correctly, this often requires several intermediate stages ensuring good fit of the bridgework and then a final soldering and polishing stage prior to cementing it in place

There are several possible solutions, so the cost will vary accordingly. Many high end practices offer interest free credit facilities (which are subject to status) to help make the treatment affordable

I hope this answers your questions
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

thanks for your prompt reply- I only wish there was someone like you near to me to go see- my ONLY practice is a general dentist who does allsorts and doesnt strike me as one who has a great deal of experience in cosmetic work (this isnt the same dentist who made the bridge- he WAS excellent but moved from the area years ago!. do you have any recomendations in the North Wales area at all?
    twosox

I'm not aware of anyone in North Wales, I'll ask one of the other moderators if they know anyone in that area. However, for more complex treatments, many people travel great distances. Its was pleasing when I had a client come from Australia!
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

WOW!
    thanks for that- its a bl***y nightmare getting anywhere from here- I wouldnt MIND travelling depending on the number of trips i would need! As im self employed I would need to ensure that the travelling is kept to a minimum- what would you reckon- a consult then how many trips after?
    sorry i Know Im a pain- but hey its saturday- day off- for ME anyway!

The honest answer is it depends on how many visits it takes to do a good job. No more, no less. I would say 4-5 assuming everything went smoothly and there was no base work to do and we were not going for implants. This will be true wherever you go

Hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Please remember that regular maintainence visits are important after having treatment.

Therfore make sure whoever you see, you can continue visiting them for regular reviews.

Regards

Raha
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Absolutely. Continued care is paramount. Most local dentists are more than capable of continuing care, whoever you see for advanced work will make you aware whether there is something specific you need to see them for
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

If i am getting this right , you say that you have an incisor and one molar , which you are seeeking advice on a possible bridge.

I would not consider a bridge of this size as a treatment option. Your potential options are implants or partial denture. Of course it is difficult to give a treatment plan without carrying out a detailed examination.

Any further questions please do not hesiate to contact any of the moderators.

Regards

Raha
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

I agree with Raha, you really need a detailed examination.

To me it read as though you have 2 bridges right next to each other. It could be one bridge which is sectioned. Full consultation, my friend!
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com