Question Full mouth implants being considered

I have had all of my teeth pulled over the past 4 years, and am now looking into implants rather than dentures. I know it's a several step process, but is there anyway to avoid the 3-6 month waiting period? Most recently, I have lost ALL lower teeth, and have had yogurt and mashed potatoes for 4 weeks now. Last time I was without upper teeth for nearly 12 weeks.

I'd like to chew again one day soon!

Toothless "Ruthless" Red
    Last edited by Toothless Red; 12-02-2009 at 11:37 PM.

There is no real way to bypass this healing process. Loading the implants too soon can cause them to fall out

I hope this heps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

sorry to contradict the good Dr, but we do a lot of immediate loading, just finished a case this arvo, in fact!
    it is definitely possible to place implants and make temporary teeth or even attach the denture to the implants if you have sufficient bone.
    this is however something best done by a low handicapper... i.e someone who places lots of implants/ does this kind of work day in day out.
    we usually will use guided surgery and a CT scan as well as booking out time with the lab which means the price is fairly chunky compared to doing it the conventional way.
    Even with the conventional way of placing dental implants where we place and wait, we are only waiting 3-12 weeks before loading unless it is in sinus grafting, where we usually place the implants at the same time as the sinus surgery and wait 6-8 months
    by using RFA (resonance frequencyanalysis) and insertion torque information combined with bone density readings from the CT scan (when available) we can make the treatment so much more bespoke than the old empirical leave it 3-6months approach which IMO is out of date
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)