Unhappy Need Temporary Crown Price ONLY, Due to Change of Dentists

I live in the United States. I want to change dentists, after having a temporary crown affixed to my front tooth, and the one beside it. The dentist did several x-rays, filed both teeth down, casted a mold, and affixed a temporary to both teeth.

Assuming the permanent set of teeth has NOT been ordered, and will NOT be by this dentist, 1) what is the general cost for this TEMPORARY crown placed over BOTH teeth [the temporary crown is in one (1) unit, but placed over both, filed teeth]? Please do not include the costs involved with the permanent two (2) crowns, and the final fitting of those two (2), regular plastic-type crowns.

However, I do want the mold already casted. 2) Can you also tell me if it is possible to take this mold with me to the new dentist? If not, 3) why and, 4) how much does the mold itself cost? [That’s a total of three (3), possibly four (4) questions – hope that’s ok. I have numbered each question, for ease of reading.]

Thank you!

Cathy
    Last edited by catplay; 10-30-2009 at 11:41 PM. Reason: punctuation, clarification

hard to say
    hrly rate is probably best way to go, plus any associated costs incurred for the models etc...
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)