Default some advice on a crown...

ok....where to start this is a pretty long story to how i got here and how my teeth are so bad so im going to try and cut it down short,

when i was 12 i was on a see-saw and managed to smash my front teeth on the metal pole on 1 end, my tooth shattered and the ones near all cracked...so i had a root canal on it and then to top crowned ( i think thats what it is called) so anyway that was all i had done as my mother moved so i couldnt have anymore treatment...unfortunatly my mother never took me to a new dentist so being so young there was not alot i could do so i just left it, anyway....8 years on my teeth are a state, i ended up with 6 fillings, 5 teeth pulled out and a mega infection in my jaw which kept causing abss's....now i was a big wimp and only just manged to get through it all, but i now have a new problem

my front tooth i smashed nearly 10 years ago now is having a few problems, it does not cause any pain but i noticed there is a chip in the back of it (little mirror helped here) so of course because unfortunatly for me i suffer fropm severe anxity i went into a fit then my ibs kicked in and now i cannot pluck up the courage to go to the dentist and nor do i intend to...i need some way to get rid of this stupid fear i have, its because im scared my jaw will cramp up when im having it done, or i will struggle to swallow when its being done, is there a way i can have the tooth sorted when im asleep like i did when i had teeth pulled out?

oh and just to add also when i was about 7 i had 6 teeth pulled out i had a very overcrowded mouth when i was young and i now have 4 teeth growing in the back of my mouth? how odd!

so if anybody can help on this i would be so happy thanks!

Default hi

you should visit the dentist only then your problem can be solved

you really need to start with a visit to a dentist. it is just not possible to give good advice without xrays etc...
    sorry
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)

yes , a comprehensive examination is important.
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

i know but ive become so scared i dont even have the courage to go.....im stuck on my options at the moment and need some help to try get over the fear and go

hi razer the fact that you are talking about your problems here is a good first step and dentistry can be scary. why dont you create a diary entry on this forum and take it one step at a time and keep us posted with your progress. The first step if to find a dentist that you like the look / sound of and pick up the phone to book an initial chat / consultation. and at each stage of your journey keep us posted on your progress
    admin

find a dentist who advertises an expertise in treating nervous patients... you are not alone and they will guide you through there process
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)